Monday, June 17, 2019

Hi there, Grief here.

Dear Human,

This is your grief. 
I know I'm not always this forthcoming but I’m writing to say I’m here to stick around for a bit, maybe forever in some degree.
I’ll try not to inconvenience your daily life too much but I do need to be heard sometimes. 
Especially on holidays or anniversaries of certain dates. 
You may need to sit with me for awhile and cry. 
You may need to talk about me. 
You may need to just sit in silence or write or whisper questions out into thin air.
Anyway you would like to approach me is perfectly ok; 
Just please don’t ignore me or avoid me for too long, you can try to
numb me but I will still be there. 
I can’t help it, but I am persistent and I need to be acknowledged if
even just a little nod in my direction. 
If you don’t, I might start to get unruly like a little child, please don’t make me beg for your attention.
You have walked through something difficult, some event (likely more than one) that impacted your entire being and that is why I am here.
I am part of your experience as a human and I visit everyone at some
juncture in their life. You know, all the greats have befriended me! Even used me to heal and help others.
Please know that even though I hurt you at times we truly can be
friends if you give me the attention I need. 
I won’t always feel so sharp and overwhelming I promise.
We are going to get through this together.

Sincerely and Unapologetically,
Your Grief 



(This post was inspired by a writing prompt shared by writing coach Allison Fallon through her Monday Motivation emails, if you have ever wanted to write but don't know where to start or would like inspiration on how to use writing to heal I highly suggest subscribing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment